Our current job openings are listed below, please click on the job title for more information and to apply.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. As the competition progresses, the status of your application will be posted to your profile - log back in to check your status.
All final candidates will be required to undergo background screening.
At NOVA Chemicals, we seek people who wish to reach their full potential - people who want to be part of a growing company and develop both professionally and personally. We offer dynamic career opportunities in a diverse range of disciplines for experienced candidates and new graduates, as well as valuable experience and excellent mentoring for students.
Joining NOVA Chemicals offers you the chance to be part of a company with unlimited potential. Here you can view our current job openings and apply for positions online.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
NOVA Chemicals helps shape a world where products vital to our health and happiness are even better tomorrow than they are today. We are seeking talented and passionate people who enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative environment to join our dynamic team. Through our commitment to Responsible Care®, we take pride in our focus on safety and sustainability.
This position is responsible for developing job plans in accordance with the Business needs, utilizing SAP and its job plan library, maintenance procedures, and technical information to meet the work execution needs for both capital and expense work as approved by the Major Maintenance Decision Board. This will include Mechanical, Instrument & Electrical and some Services planning. The Planner will also be required to participate in the bidding and selection process for resources including materials and coordinate the execution of the work in the field.
- Create and maintain planning history files and job libraries using SAP PM Module
- Manage a Major Maintenance backlog and follow the Maintenance Work Management Process to facilitate the efficient manpower distribution of both internal and contract personnel
- Audit work execution activities through effective safety interactions and quality of work
- Initiate corrective action and complete contractor evaluations according to the Contractor Responsible Care Management requirements
- Work in a team environment sharing the responsibilities, duties and accountabilities for performance measurements
- Demonstrate cooperation and flexibility to ever-changing demands
- Possess the ability to identify accurately all parts, tools, resources and special equipment to perform a job
- Develop maintenance work packages in alignment with NOVA’s Responsible Care, Engineering and Purchasing standards
- Engage Operations, Technical and Maintenance Services personnel to develop work execution schedules and resource plans
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in the mechanical or control fields within the petrochemical industry
- Experience in the coordination of Capital/Maintenance work
- Prior experience in planning would be a valuable asset
- Ability to apply NOVA's engineering specifications, standards and drawings
- Sound knowledge of construction and safety procedures and practices
- Computer-related experience should include basic SAP - PM and PS modules, and Microsoft Office, including Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to develop work execution schedules using Primavera
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to set and manage priorities is required
- Demonstrated commitment to Responsible Care
- Demonstrated leadership in a group or team environment
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Manufacturing East Sites are located near Sarnia, Ontario. The Sarnia Sites focus on the production of ethylene and polyethylene and is recognized as a cornerstone of Ontario’s petrochemical industry.
Sarnia is situated on the south shore of Lake Huron at the headwaters of the St. Clair River, and just an hour from Detroit, Michigan, United States.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.
NOVA Chemicals is experiencing significant growth and we are looking for talented and passionate people to work in our collaborative and innovative organization. As a Responsible Care® company, we are committed to safety and sustainability, we are a respected community partner and we take pride in being a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier.
NOVA Chemicals Information Technology team provides IT solutions for our employees across all business and manufacturing teams. Information Technology is recruiting a Team Leader to provide effective leadership to the Enterprise Network and Cyber Security teams. The candidate will be a member of the IT Infrastructure Leadership Team (ILT) and report to the Leader of IT Infrastructure. This position could be located in either Sarnia, ON or one of our Alberta sites (in Red Deer or downtown Calgary).
- Leads and co-ordinate the Enterprise Network and Cyber Security teams’ efforts to deliver IT solutions and services as identified by business requirements.
- Coach and mentor the team on the delivery of solutions and ensuring management systems are representative of IT assets and configurations.
- Create an environment within the IT teams where timely solutions and effective response to IT requests are completed leveraging a collaborative approach
- Ensures plans, schedules, training, skilled resources, budgets, cost controls are in place to achieve the targeted results.
- Demonstrate and apply technical expertise to positively impact IT service delivery and enterprise security compliance
- Be a proponent and practitioner of good safety practices.
- Ensures employees understand their role and expectations within the context of the broader site/function.
- Provides coaching and timely, effective feedback to employees for both performance and development.
- Identify and facilitate resolution of critical issues affecting teams, cross functional or business performance to achieve desired business objectives.
- Developing and maintaining the cyber security strategy and related polices and standards to establish best in class capabilities for cyber security strategy, governance, and cyber risk management that leverage industry best practices.
- Develops collaborative relationships with key stakeholders including across Information Technology and business functions
- Collaboratives with IT Leadership and other stakeholders to develop and maintain Infrastructure and Cyber Security Strategy along with related polices and standards to establish best in class solutions
- Sponsor approved projects to upgrade/enhance technologies and further enhance our cyber security posture and the Network landscape
- Ensures operational process and capabilities are in place with proper reporting and oversight for both Network and Cyber areas of accountability
- Developing/enhancing organizational security training and awareness programs – tracking metrics for benchmarking, improvement and reporting
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business/Management (or relevant IT Technical degree) with 10+ year’s related experience and continued professional development through technical certifications.
Related Experience must demonstrate:
- People leadership skills in mentoring and coaching team members who may not be co-located with them
- Ability to mentor team members to effectively analyze problems and deliver effective solutions
- Creative thinking and be a change agent
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve desired results
- Ability to stay focused, methodical thinker and possesses a high attention to details
- Effectively reaches agreement on a course of action to satisfy a request from an internal or external customer
- Strong organizational and communication skills along with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Possesses a good understanding of infrastructure, cloud and application landscapes, security and network technologies including identity management, authentication, encryption and security threats and trends and their interdependencies
- Project management experience would be considered an asset
- Strong understanding of audit/risk management methodologies and regulatory requirements pertaining to information security, privacy and/or data security
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations across a large, complex business
- Analytical aptitude with an emphasis on investigative, methodical critical questioning and logical thinking; a data-driven decision maker
- CISSP, CISM, CCNA, PMP certifications would be considered an asset
- The successful candidate must have the ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time (within Canada as well as potentially to the US).
Candidates who do not fully meet position requirements may be considered - starting level will be dependent on experience and qualifications, so a formal transition plan will be put in place for development in to the posted job level;
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.