NOVA Chemicals helps shape a world where products vital to our health and happiness are even better tomorrow than they are today. We are seeking talented and passionate people who enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative environment to join our dynamic team. Through our commitment to Responsible Care®, we take pride in our focus on safety and sustainability. you will be challenged, inspired and supported by your team to deliver your best work.
- Provide HANDS ON technical and field support to the plant
- Manage capital and expense projects
- Approve new mechanical and electrical equipment
- Manage aspects of the PSM Mechanical Integrity Program and reliability processes (i.e. PdM Program, API Vessel and Piping Compliance, Fire Protection Mechanical Integrity, Certified Tank Compliance ranking, mechanical-integrity focused, root cause failure analysis, reliability centered maintenance) to ensure long-term reliability and regulatory compliance.
Safety / Environmental Operations
- Monitors reliability to ensure safe production; conducts procedure reviews; assists with responsible care activities
- Issues Safe Work permits, conducts permit audits, validates and assists with lock-out/tag-out activities
- Leads/participates in Planned General Inspections/follow-up, safety meetings, table-top drills, and safety/housekeeping tasks reviews
- Conduct and participate in RCLS incident investigations
- Participates in Process Hazard Analysis from a reliability perspective, and Management of Change activities
Effective Communicating / Managing Performance
- Ensures site PSM Mechanical Integrity and reliability goals and objectives are understood and met through effective planning, implementation and communication.
- Maintain KPIs fixed equipment reporting matrix for regulatory compliance
- Enforce Nova LPS Standards as they apply
- Standards and Codes application for regulatory compliance
- Review and approve BV Safety & Health Procedures
- Facilitate & Drive Safety in Maintenance Roles through the following programs:
- Job Task Analysis (JTA)
- Pre-Job Safety Plans
- Manage Process Safety Management (PSM), fixed equipment.
- Maintains and communicates PdM findings and corrective actions
- Documents equipment history and initiates equipment corrective actions
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of engineering experience in a heavy manufacturing facility. The candidate in this role will also be required to have:
- Demonstrated technical leadership abilities, team player, leads by example, hands-on work style, engages others.
- Maintains facilities structure integrity program and annual budget
- Technical knowledge in reliability centered tools and processes such as: FMEA, RCM and Root Cause Analysis; knowledge of ASME, API 510 & 570, ANSI, and ASTM industry standards
- Understanding of root cause failure analysis methodology; strong trouble shooting abilities, preferably in heavy industrial facility environment; basic understanding of general process equipment such as valves, pumps, and rotating equipment
- Knowledge of proactive reliability processes (i.e. equipment criticality ranking, mechanical-integrity focused, root cause failure analysis, reliability centered maintenance)
- Working knowledge of predictive/preventative maintenance tools/practices to achieve the lowest life cycle costs: including oil analysis, vibration analysis, thermographs, and ultrasonic
- Demonstrated MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook) proficiency; SAP knowledge a plus
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Beaver Valley Site is located approximately 25 miles northwest of Pittsburgh. The Beaver Valley Site manufactures expandable styrenics products including ARCEL®, a premium moldable foam resin for packaging high-value consumer products.
The Beaver Valley site’s primary focus is on commercial, manufacturing and technology functions.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package.