NOVA Chemicals helps shape a world where products vital to our health and happiness are even better tomorrow than they are today. We are seeking talented and passionate people who enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative environment to join our dynamic team. Through our commitment to Responsible Care®, we take pride in our focus on safety and sustainability.
We are seeking 2 Production Supervisors who will have full responsibility for NOVA’s Beaver Valley site located in Monaca, PA. This is a 24/7 operation and will require shift work, holidays and weekends.
- Leads, participates in and documents Planned General Inspection (PGI)
- Supports the on-shift tool box talks, “What If?”, Am I Ready? and Responsible Care Learning System (RCLS) process
- Utilizes the RCLS system to document near misses, incidents and non-conformances
- Works with operators to enter incidents and investigation findings into the RCLS system
- Leads and/or participates in Incident Investigations and ensures root causes are addressed
- Completes RCLS recommendations
- Utilizes the Responsible Care Learning System (RCLS) to document Occupational injury and personal illness
- Provides and coordinates medical treatment as required
- Facilitates Drug and Alcohol Testing as needed
- Reviews and updates assigned Safety and Health Procedures
- Ensures Responsible Care procedures and policies are actively followed
- Maintains Impairment Logs/Permits for Safety Systems and Road impairments
- Manages approvals and initiates Emergency Management Of Change (MOC)
- Manages completion of on-shift Responsible Care training, Computer Based Trainings, and all other RC requirements (such as respirator fit testing)
- Responds to plant alarms as Incident Command. Evaluates the situation and calls for additional help as required
- Creates and approves A and B work permits, including excavations
- Interacts with Security personnel
- Ensures that Quality System non-conformances are addressed
- Assists operators and craftsmen in troubleshooting equipment and process problems.
- Acts as the “on-shift Site Manager”.
- Maintains Production Supervisor Log and provides reports on the general operation of the site.
- Coordinates on-shift Safety Huddle/Plan-Do-Review meetings.
- Coordinates operator maintenance
- Manages plant wide power losses, snow removal, fire alarm systems, etc. during off shifts
- Participates in bargaining unit grievance process.
- Manages operator and packager performance with high expectations for safety, housekeeping, flexibility, cooperation, initiative, technical skills, and interpersonal skills, through regular feedback, while using the Applause process and disciplinary process as required.
- Manages Maintenance Call-ins for equipment malfunctions.
- Manages report offs in the operating areas and initiate calls to cover open schedules.
- Manages Operations and Maintenance Unscheduled Overtime.
- Ensure that operational and maintenance activities meet safety and environmental compliance.
- Ensures the completion of tasks assigned in the daily instruction log.
- Enters SAP Equipment Malfunction Notifications and works with operators to enter detailed, effective work notifications.
- Completes SAP entries for equipment and parts removed from stores locations.
- Completes shipping PGIs (Post Goods Issues) in SAP as needed for Logistics.
- Assists in operator and packager training and certification.
- Completes an effective shift-to-shift transfer with his/her relief.
- Accesses Virtual Vault for engineering drawings.
- Manages barge deliveries during non-business hours.
The successful candidate will have a 2-year technical school diploma/certificate with 10+ years of related experience OR 12+ years combination of post-secondary technical education and related experience OR 12+ years of progressive experience in a manufacturing discipline or equivalent technology environment.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and mentoring skills with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work with all levels across the organization and influence outcomes
- Experience providing coaching and timely, effective feedback to team members by engaging employees in ongoing, regular, high-quality performance and development conversations.
- Demonstrated Responsible Care values
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn
- Experience working with bargaining unit employees
- Process-oriented experience in operations and maintenance
- Strong leader with the ability to hold people accountable for their work
- Strong mechanical aptitude and abilities
- Must be action oriented
- Must have managerial courage and the ability to make tough decisions when required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage successfully in demanding situations
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Beaver Valley Site is located approximately 25 miles northwest of Pittsburgh. The Beaver Valley Site manufactures expandable styrenics products including ARCEL®, a premium moldable foam resin for packaging high-value consumer products.
The Beaver Valley site’s primary focus is on commercial, manufacturing and technology functions.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package.