NOVA Chemicals is experiencing significant growth and we are looking for talented and passionate people to work in our collaborative and innovative organization. As a Responsible Care® company, we are committed to safety and sustainability, we are a respected community partner and we take pride in being a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier.
NOVA Chemicals is seeking a confident, dynamic Communications Consultant to join our Corporate Communications team in Pittsburgh, PA. As a key part of the role the Communications Consultant will work with teams to help shape the way we engage and inform current and potential employees through a mixture of traditional and new channels. You will be part of a motivated, collaborative team that is influencing the culture of the organization.
Reporting to the Leader of Communications, this role will have a primary focus on developing compelling HR communications narratives to address the entire employee lifecycle, helping employees realize their potential and value to the organization. In addition, this role will contribute significantly to the ongoing development of NOVA’s leadership strategy and implementation of our purpose, mission and values.
- Partner with the HR leadership to identify strategic communication objectives and oversee the execution of an integrated HR Communications plan including performance and development, compensation, benefits, total wellbeing, recruiting and leadership development
- Coach and provide leaders with the tools and strategies to better engage with teams and help connect day to day work to NOVA’s purpose, mission and business goals
- Research, recommend and further develop the resources to support NOVA’s leadership community in their role as a communicator
- Partner with HR on the employee listening strategy and make communications channel adjustment and recommendations based off learnings
- Pilot and acts as an ambassador for new technologies to engage with our diverse employee population
- Establish metrics and reporting mechanisms that create engagement scores for key change initiatives within the organization
- Develop and manage processes and protocols to ensure communications efforts are aligned and standardized to a high quality of delivery
- Collaboration within Internal Communications to keep communication efforts aligned and standardized to a high quality of delivery
- Coordination with Creative Services on the development and management of video production and design work as required
- Ensure the alignment of internal communication plans with key business priorities and brand positioning
- Measure effectiveness of communications tools and adjust based on research findings
- Assist in the development, integration and implementation of a broad range of internal and external activities related to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership
- Generate enthusiasm and excitement within the organization for the NOVA Chemicals brand
- Drive continuous improvement of HR communications
- University graduate with 5 plus years related experience and continued professional development or 10+ years combination of post-secondary education and related experience and continued professional development
- Ability to understand vision and strategy at the company and business level
- Skilled at effectively responding to changing priorities and demands
- Ability to develop and implement strategies
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and break down barriers to collaboration and reach agreement or consensus on a course of action with others inside the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and work well with others in cross-functional groups.
- Skilled and comfortable communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead through influence
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals U.S. Commercial Center (USCC) is located in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, minutes from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. USCC’s primary focus is on executive leadership, corporate and support functions.
Pittsburgh is the second largest city in Pennsylvania.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.