NOVA Chemicals is experiencing significant growth and we are looking for talented and passionate people to work in our collaborative and innovative organization. As a Responsible Care® company, we are committed to safety and sustainability, we are a respected community partner and we take pride in being a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier.
Reporting to the Leader, Benefits and Pension, the successful candidate will be a key technical resource on the Total Rewards Team for data analysis, pension and benefits administration, policies, programs, practices and systems. As a Total Rewards team member, this role interfaces with all levels of employees and all areas of Human Resources to provide analytical services that support decision-making.
This position can be located at our Manufacturing East site in Sarnia, ON. or at our Head Office in Calgary, AB.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collect, manage and analyze data; present findings and conclusions, translate data into an understandable story. Strong attention to detail
- Coordinate ongoing administration of pension and benefit plans; liaising with 3rd party providers where applicable;
- Provide information and prepare data as required in order to respond to requests elevated from internal and external customers (i.e. Benefit Representatives, HR consultants, Leaders, Vendors and Retirees) on Canadian Pension, Benefits, Policies and Programs;
- Research and determine what is required to perform data collection, tracking and analysis to support decision-making, auditing, accounting and other required metrics;
- Track, report, and analyze information; seek legal input/advice; make recommendations and assist in the implementation of process improvements and changes related to pension & benefits policies, procedures and systems;
- Lead/participate in policy/program reviews and annual or ad hoc projects (eg. benchmarking studies/surveys, annual financial reviews, etc.);
- Develop and deliver communication to educate/guide clients on pension and benefits programs and services. Ensure web content is kept current and make recommendations to enhance the information;
- Coach colleagues on solving problems and issues based on data analysis and experience.
- University graduate with 3 - 5 years related experience and continued professional development or 7 - 9 years combination of post-secondary education and related experience and continued professional development;
- Technical knowledge/expertise in pension, benefits, and related total compensation policies and programs is required;
- Demonstrated financial aptitude and strong analytical skills;
- Solid understanding of key business processes/practices/policies;
- Excellent problem-solving skills supported by strong systems capabilities;
- Strong customer service skills with a drive for resolution and results;
- Proven time management/organizational skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable conducting presentations;
- Demonstrated project management skills, proficient with computer applications (i.e. MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, SAP);
- US pension and benefits experience will be considered an asset.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.