NOVA Chemicals is experiencing significant growth and we are looking for talented and passionate people to work in our collaborative and innovative organization. As a Responsible Care® company, we are committed to safety and sustainability, we are a respected community partner and we take pride in being a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. We are currently seeking a Customer Account Specialist.
Specialize in managing various activities and relationships for customer accounts
- Order Fulfillment: Receive and enter orders, identify and resolve Decision Criteria Issues, act as a liaison to communicate unforeseen inventory and/or shipping issues to customers
- Issue timely and accurate invoices to customers
- Process credits and debits as required by fluctuating industry prices
- Manage customer rebate accruals, payment calculations, and process rebate credit notes as required
- Review customers’ Aged Receivables Balance to proactively investigate and resolve short pay issues
- Complaint management
- Obtain and communicate customer intelligence within Sales and Marketing organization
- Accountable for data integrity in SAP System (i.e. orders, customer master data, delivery instructions)
- Participate in customer visits and/or customer advocacy initiatives
- Develop creative solutions and recommendations to customer issues
- Demonstrate performance and management of individual metrics and departmental metrics
- Work closely with Demand Planner and Export Agents to secure orders as appropriate
- Schedule export shipments- work with Freight Forwarder and Customs Brokers to ensure smooth delivery of export shipments
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and can proactively resolve conflicts
- Interact with various departments to seek and assist in resolution of customer issues
- Participate in after hour calls from customers, when necessary, to provide optimum availability to meet customer needs.
- Spanish bilingual skills are not required but are a plus
- University graduate with 1+ years related experience or 5+ years combination of post-secondary education, related experience and some professional development
- Experience in credit collection and understanding accounts receivables, E-Commerce, and working in a high-performance customer service department a plus
- Experience with exporting, Customs Brokers, and Freight Forwarders
- Computer skills a must with emphasis in SAP and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to effectively interact within different levels of business and plant personnel, both internal and external
- Demonstrated ability to function well within a high-performance team environment
- Must have excellent time management, organizational, and prioritizing skills
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while paying strict attention to details within the work that is being performed
- Ability to act independently within guidelines of standards and practices established for Customer Service
- Displays clear strengths in applying various competencies that are critical to the overall success of this role (customer orientated, problem solving & decision making).
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Beaver Valley Site is located approximately 25 miles northwest of Pittsburgh. The Beaver Valley Site manufactures expandable styrenics products including ARCEL®, a premium moldable foam resin for packaging high-value consumer products.
The Beaver Valley site’s primary focus is on commercial, manufacturing and technology functions.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package.