NOVA Chemicals is experiencing significant growth and we are looking for talented and passionate people to work in our collaborative and innovative organization. As a Responsible Care® company, we are committed to safety and sustainability, we are a respected community partner and we take pride in being a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. We are currently seeking an IT Analyst/Developer.
As a member of the IT Applications team, you will utilize your skills in the development and support of applications to meet the needs of our internal clients. This role will specifically support the Finance Business Team and be located in our Manufacturing East Corporate Center in Sarnia, ON.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze, develop and implement solutions within the Finance and Controlling areas to meet the business needs within the framework of an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system solution SAP (Systems Analysis and Program Development): Eclipse or Visual Studio;
- Participate in projects/initiatives to develop and implement integrated systems solutions;
- Work with clients and other technical resources to translate business requirements into configuration or programming requirements by completing functional and technical specifications;
- Configure software to meet functional specifications;
- Adhere to standards and processes as defined at NOVA Chemicals;
- Update documentation/instructions for internal IT and/or client reference.
- Write and modify procedures and technical documentation;
- Performs testing using established methodology to ensure components of solutions meet defined specifications;
- Applies established IT standards and processes to deliver/enhance business results;
- Work collaboratively with other IT professionals across NOVA Chemicals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years related experience and continued professional development OR 12+ years combination of post-secondary education and related experience with continued professional development;
- Experience with configuration of Finance and Controlling modules of SAP;
- In depth understanding of how to apply SAP FICO modules and integration with other modules;
- Strong attention to detail with accuracy of results;
- Applicant must have good communication skills both written and oral;
- Self motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Experience with SAP BPC Netweaver configuration, reporting, data management and integration with SAP BW is considered to be an asset;
- Preference will be given to applicants that have both education and/or related experience in Information Technology and Financial Accounting;
- Demonstrated commitment to NOVA’s values and to Responsible Care.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Manufacturing East Sites are located near Sarnia, Ontario. The Sarnia Sites focus on the production of ethylene and polyethylene and is recognized as a cornerstone of Ontario’s petrochemical industry.
Sarnia is situated on the south shore of Lake Huron at the headwaters of the St. Clair River, and just an hour from Detroit, Michigan, United States.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.