NOVA Chemicals is experiencing significant growth and we are looking for talented and passionate people to work in our collaborative and innovative organization. As a Responsible Care® company, we are committed to safety and sustainability, we are a respected community partner and we take pride in being a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier.
NOVA’s growth has created an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our growing Customer Service Team as a Customer Service Specialist. The Customer Service team listens to customers, anticipates their needs, and is empowered to proactively solve problems. Our approach builds trust and strengthens relationships while demonstrating value. The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering the NOVA experience to their customers.
- Promptly obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle customer orders and inquiries, via phone, e-mail and at times face to face. Each Customer Service Specialist has a set customer base
- This enables them to work towards providing an exceptional experience to NOVA’s Polyethylene customers
- Handle and resolve customer complaints promptly to drive customer satisfaction
- Create/maintain customer orders in SAP and identify and assist in resolving order challenges to meet or exceed customers’ expectations
- Collaborate with internal departments and act as the liaison to communicate unforeseen inventory and/or shipping issues to customers to ensure reliable supply of NOVA’s products to our customers
- Issue timely and accurate invoices, credits and debits to customers to minimize discrepancies
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of customer service processes, to reduce customer effort to work with NOVA and drive for an effortless experience
- Manage customer rebate accruals and payment calculations and issue Rebate Credit notes as required
- Review customer’s Aged Trial Balance (payments against invoices) to proactively investigate and resolve short pay issues with ability and comfort in making collection calls
- Obtain and communicate business intelligence back to key stakeholders to gain customer and/or market insights
- Accountable for data integrity in SAP System (i.e. orders, customer master data) for effective reporting and analysis to support various business decisions
- Develop recommendations and implement creative solutions to customer issues, with minimal support to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and can proactively resolve conflicts in a professional manner to an agreeable outcome
- Participate in after hour calls from customers, when necessary, to provide optimum availability to meet customer needs
The successful candidate will have a University degree with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience and continued professional development; or combination of secondary education and 5 plus years relevant experience and continued professional development.
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) a must.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high performance team environment, while providing back-up support on an as needed basis within the customer service organization
- Computer skills a must with emphasis in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to effectively interact within different levels of business and plant personnel, both internally and externally
- Must have proven time management, organizational, and prioritizing skills
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while paying strict attention to details within the work that is being performed
- Displays clear strengths in applying various competencies that are critical to the overall success of this role (customer orientated, problem solving & decision making)
- Customer oriented experience along with basic supply chain (logistics) knowledge a plus
- Ability to act independently within guidelines of standards and practices established for Customer Service
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals U.S. Commercial Center (USCC) is located in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, minutes from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. USCC’s primary focus is on executive leadership, corporate and support functions.
Pittsburgh is the second largest city in Pennsylvania.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.