NOVA Chemicals is experiencing significant growth and we are looking for talented and passionate people to work in our collaborative and innovative organization. As a Responsible Care® company, we are committed to safety and sustainability, we are a respected community partner and we take pride in being a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier.
NOVA Chemicals Information Technology team provides IT solutions for our employees across business and manufacturing teams. Information Technology is recruiting an IT Systems Analyst to join our infrastructure organization.
The infrastructure organization consists of multiple teams with members physically located at various NOVA Chemicals locations. The individual will collaborate with highly motivated team members across NOVA Chemicals to provide IT customer service along with the development and implementation of solutions following our NOVA management of change process. The role will provide the candidate opportunities to provide IT solutions to business stakeholders along with growing their own skills by learning existing and new technologies as they are introduced into the environment.
The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be engaged and energized.
- Learns and gains an understanding of the various Information Technology (IT) infrastructure components used in a corporate environment and their interdependencies;
- Understands the client PC, server and networking environments and the relationship between these technologies in a Microsoft environment;
- Configure and deploy workstations and associated client hardware at various locations;
- Troubleshoots and configures the components within a Microsoft client and server operating system;
- Learns how to configure and support services within Microsoft Office 365;
- Learns how to configure and support applications running in a Citrix environment;
- Obtains a solid understanding of client profiles, what the profile consists of and what is captured and deployed for an optimum client experience;
- Learns and gains an understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Polices;
- Strives to become an expert in our IT tools used at NOVA Chemicals and provide problem resolution support for other IT teams;
- Participates in capacity planning and performance monitoring and tuning of the systems utilizing 3rd party tools;
- Learns and applies IT processes and follows procedures utilized in their job function to successfully deliver on assigned work;
- Collaborates with IT peers, business stakeholders and vendors to develop solutions and determine root cause;
- Learns to develop and execute plans for assigned activities;
- Develops and maintains technical documentation;
- Takes initiative to access the information required complete their work;
- Learns and gains an understanding of Microsoft System Center tools for asset control, deployment, and operations management;
The successful candidate will have a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Technology with 2 to 5 years related experience. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Motivation to learn and is tenacious at troubleshooting issues
- Ability to escalate issues internally and seek vendor support when required to keep the IT systems running reliably;
- Ability to work within a highly technical motivated team, and build on each other’s ideas in a collaborative way;
- An eagerness to learn new technologies;
- Strong organizational and communication skills along with the ability to adapt to changing; circumstances as well as clarify information or instructions relevant to their job;
- Ability to stay focused, methodical thinker and possesses a high attention to detail;
- Effectively gathers information and understands customer needs to achieve resolution;
- A demonstrated commitment to NOVA Chemicals’ Values, in particular the Responsible Care principles.
The following would be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure include Skype for Business, gateways and SIP trunk technologies;
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Centre;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy;
- Microsoft and other industry certifications;
- Ability to develop VB and PowerShell scripts to automate Microsoft Windows;
- Knowledge of Cisco networking principles;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V;
- Basic SQL syntax and the ability to develop queries.
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Head Office (NHO) is located in Calgary, Alberta. NHO’s primary focus is on feedstock acquisition, infrastructure development, optimizing competitive advantage, marketing and customer relations, and strategic growth prospects.
Situated in downtown Calgary, NHO is close to the Rocky Mountains, home to Banff National Park.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.