NOVA Chemicals’ strategic priorities include growing significantly. Our strategy leverages our ability to deliver game changing technology and create an exceptional customer experience to help meet the growing consumer demand for polyethylene in the Americas. We are looking for innovative, passionate people who are focused on success. If you are interested in being challenged, inspired and supported by a team to deliver your best work while making everyday life healthier, easier and safer, come join us on this exciting journey.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Olefins Products, the Leader, Business Analysis and Intelligence will be responsible for leading a team of Analysts to support the Olefins and Feedstock commercial activities.
- Provide analysis of complex industry data (from wellhead to end product) and make recommendations to improve business/operations profitability;
- Analytical support for long-term business development projects which would include utilization of modeling and decision making techniques (i.e. Monte Carlo simulations and Decision & Risk Analysis);
- Drive integration efforts between the Business Analysis and Intelligence group and other NOVA divisions including Finance, Technology, Sustainability, and Corporate Strategy;
- Analytical support for short-term commercial activities (i.e. spot deals) in the Feedstock, Ethylene and Co-Products businesses;
- Leadership for the development of tools (existing and new) to monitor business dynamics in the Olefins and Feedstocks arena with a view to providing recommendations to the business for commercial strategies for existing and new contracts. Provide expertise in market trends and forecasting for key feedstock, ethylene, co-products and derivative (excluding PE) pricing;
- Provide front of the curve trending analysis and recommendations to support Olefins and Feedstock short-term and long-term commercial activities;
- Participation in the cross-functional team tasked with negotiating new feedstock and sales agreements with the specific responsibility for analyzing overall value proposition and identifying various alternatives to increase overall value for NOVA;
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators and provision of a regular snapshot of this to Olefins and Feedstock leadership;
- Monitor trends in the natural gas and ethane/NGL markets with a view to supporting the business in price negotiations for short or long-term contracts;
- Maintain database and reporting on NOVA feedstock competitive performance relative to USGC and Global competition;
- Analysis of the historic pricing/margin data and forecasting of future margins based on evolving market conditions;
- Participate in the development of an Annual Business Plan;
- Undertake hiring, training, leading and mentoring for new Business Analysts. Provide coaching with a view to preparing them for commercial opportunities within the business;
- Management of NOVA’s relationship with various industry consultants to understand various emerging perspectives on the industry and consolidate the information to develop a NOVA perspective
- Provide rotational support to the Petrochemical Business Team, schedule, establish agenda, and manage meetings.
- University graduate with a minimum 10-15 years of related industry experience with a technical and commercial background;
- Strong understanding of NOVA’s Olefins manufacturing operations and industry market dynamics;
- Understanding of various factors that drive our business as well as those that influence our supplier and customers markets;
- Strong ability to filter information and focus on key influencers for the business;
- Proven analytical skills and experience in development of analytical tools to support business analysis;
- Demonstrated excellence in leading teams and across functional boundaries;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills;
- Self-starter and ability to work independently;
- A demonstrated commitment to Responsible Care.
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Head Office (NHO) is located in Calgary, Alberta. NHO’s primary focus is on feedstock acquisition, infrastructure development, optimizing competitive advantage, marketing and customer relations, and strategic growth prospects.
Situated in downtown Calgary, NHO is close to the Rocky Mountains, home to Banff National Park.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.