NOVA Chemicals is experiencing significant growth and we are looking for talented and passionate people to work in our collaborative and innovative organization. As a Responsible Care® company, we are committed to safety and sustainability, we are a respected community partner and we take pride in being a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant who will play a key role in supporting their clients and colleagues in delivering the NOVA Experience to our customers. Reporting to the Director, Sales Strategy and Execution, this role will provide administrative support to the leaders and team members in Marketing, Business Operations, Customer Service and Commercial Support.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to the team for a variety of activities related to meetings, travel, expenses, professional correspondence and overall planning
- Setting up and processing purchase orders, requisitions and invoices—following established processes set forth by NOVA’s Purchasing & Supply team
- Working in partnership with other administrative professionals in the Commercial organization, this position will set up and troubleshoot Skype for Business calls/meetings, work within Share Point to assist others as needed (permissions, file/document storage and uploads, auditing, maintenance) and look for opportunities to streamline current processes
- Administering the Share Point site for the commercial teams/functions
- Being proactive in order to alert the team members and leaders when issues or problems could arise. Working to resolve those issues with the leader and team
- Running and auditing various reports from our internal systems. May provide training on internal systems to end users
- Updating and tracking the budget for the assigned teams—reviewing data for variances
- Support PE Marketing Communications on special projects and preparing marketing collateral materials as needed
- Meeting and event planning for PE Marketing and Business Operations Face to Face team meetings
- Backup support to other PE Commercial Team Associates
- Various administrative duties with efficiency: copying, filing, printing, organizing presentation materials, meeting planning including agendas, pre-reads, minutes, logistics, time-keeping); and general MS Office support.
Minimum Grade 12 education plus 7+ years combination of applicable post-secondary education and related experience. University degree preferred
Expert computer skills are required in MS Office Suite
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to effectively interact with tact and diplomacy, with different levels of business and plant personnel, both internally and externally
Must have proven time management, organizational, and prioritizing skills
Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while paying strict attention to details within the work that is being performed.
Displays clear strengths in applying various competencies that are critical to the overall success of this role (technical expertise, customer orientation, problem solving & decision making abilities)
Ability to act independently within guidelines of standards and practices established for the Administrative Support job family
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals U.S. Commercial Center (USCC) is located in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, minutes from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. USCC’s primary focus is on executive leadership, corporate and support functions.
Pittsburgh is the second largest city in Pennsylvania.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.