NOVA Chemicals is experiencing significant growth and we are looking for talented and passionate people to work in our collaborative and innovative organization. As a Responsible Care® company, we are committed to safety and sustainability, we are a respected community partner and we take pride in being a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier.
We are currently seeking an Enterprise Risk Management Manager who will provide direction and support for the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) activities across NOVA. With the Director Risk Management they will be responsible for the innovation, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company's operational and strategic risks. Develops Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and manage risks according to a NOVA risk management framework. This role will be instrumental in supporting our growth strategy.
In this highly visible role, you will also provide leadership in preparing quarterly reports to the NOVA Management Board and the Audit Committee on significant risks that may negatively impact the Company, and an assessment of the overall reasonableness of risk level on a consolidated basis.
- Lead and develop innovation, governance and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate and monitor the company’s key and emerging risks
- Develop methodology and criteria for assessment of the likelihood and severity of risks, ensuring consistency of enterprise risk data, measures and tools
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of the Risk Management Systems.
- Stay apprised of industry current events and anticipate potential emerging risks for the company
- Monitor, understand and effectively communicate risk awareness across the enterprise
- Work with Risk Coaches to identify existing and emerging risks, develop and maintain models to evaluate and quantify risks, and assess the potential impacts on the organization and our businesses
- Perform focused risk assessments and counsel on risk mitigation strategy
- Organize quarterly / annual Risk Coach Network meetings and lead the review and assessment of risks that are classified as significant or emerging risks
- Prepare ERM Reports for presentation to the NOVA Management Board and Audit Committee
- Ensure that the risk methodology and criteria for assessment are being applied consistently across the company and provide training and guidance to the Risk Coaches.
- Ability to fully understand and assess various risks that may be sensitive or emerging in nature.
- Proven ability to execute and foster a robust ERM process to ensure that significant risks are being identified and appropriately mitigated to protect the company and its stakeholders.
- Ability to manage sensitive information and share information appropriately to a variety of audiences.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with key functions (i.e. Legal, Internal Audit, Finance, Commercial, Operations, Compliance) related to ERM
- As required collaborate, coordinate or lead initiatives with the Risk and Internal Audit teams
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, engineering or a job related field and a minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 5 or more years of business experience is required. An advanced degree in Business Administration and experience with ERM is strongly preferred
- Direct experience is preferred in designing and implementing enterprise risk management, risk controls, assurance, risk reporting, data risk management, governance and controls processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated group facilitation experience, and ability to maintain effective working relationships at all levels in the organization
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of concepts in risk and financial analysis
- Strong written and oral presentation skills are required.
- Experience in presenting alternative views in a constructive manner would be preferred
- Experience in the petrochemical industry would be preferred and knowledge of NOVA’s business would be an asset
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.