NOVA Chemicals is experiencing significant growth and looking for talented and passionate people to work in our collaborative and innovative organization. As a Responsible Care® company, we are committed to safety and sustainability, we are a respected community partner who takes pride in being a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier.
We are currently seeking a Logistics Commercial Specialist to be a key member of our collaborative team with a wide scope of logistics and compliance responsibilities. You will lead projects which improve global export supply chain competitiveness and effectiveness; develop strategies, establish processes and develop metrics to manage performance (offsite facilities, packaging facilities, trucking services).
- Assure safe and reliable supply chains to meet sales requirements and improve the customer experience
- Be responsible for the commercial and service management of export supply chains and offsite facilities
- Ensure compliance of service providers through use of RC Outreach, Initial Risk Determination and reporting
- Lead commercial management of offsite logistics facilities supporting export supply chains (packaging, warehousing, and bulk transfer)
- Develop commercial strategies and recommend improvement opportunities
- Manage commercial agreements, supplier performance and stewardship programs
- Establish agreements and coordinate requests for air freight and LCL shipments
- Utilize formal “change management” tools when implementing / altering supply chains and process adjustments
- Monitor service provider safety, service and sustainability performance; establish effective KPI’s and supplier stewardship programs to manage
- Promote NOVA’s Responsible Care® (RC) and sustainability initiatives; lead investigations of service failures and RC incidents and execute corrective action plans
- Work closely with Purchasing, Technology, Site Logistics and carriers to plan, monitor and track performance
- Ensure customs compliance performance across network (clearances, regulatory and commercial requirements)
- Become an active member of Customs Compliance Network team. Responsible for analysis of customs reporting, support customs inquiries, assessing root cause and implement corrective actions
- Provide analysis and transaction management: prepare logistics options and supply chain costings; management of export rate database, complaint management, invoice reconciliation, customs data, root cause analysis and process improvement
- Be accountable with other team members to manage SAP data integrity, Business Objects, Excel, Sharepoint and RC data and information systems
- Develop analytical and management tools, document detailed process in order to train others in their use (support operations/data management, financial reporting, benchmarking)
- Identify variances and improvement opportunities to enhance system processes; measure performance to apply corrective action to eliminate variances
- Prepare presentations, reports and communications to stakeholders
- Foster internal and external relationships
The successful candidate will have a business degree Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Supply Chain with a minimum of 5 years related experience and continued professional development or 10+ year’s combination of post-secondary education, related experience and continued professional development. To be effective in this role, you will require:
- Experience creating and working with export supply chains in LATAM and Europe is desired
- Advanced analytical skills / aptitude
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability in Responsible Care® program management for service suppliers
- The ability to balance workload and manage the priorities between project work, freight movements, structured reporting, transaction management and other requests / deadlines
- Experience in balancing operational requirements with strategy development, data administration, reporting and compliance management
- Ability to interact and collaborate with numerous internal and external departments and companies
- Excellent organization skills
- Working knowledge of SAP data warehousing preferred but not necessary
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Head Office (NHO) is located in Calgary, Alberta. NHO’s primary focus is on feedstock acquisition, infrastructure development, optimizing competitive advantage, marketing and customer relations, and strategic growth prospects.
Situated in downtown Calgary, NHO is close to the Rocky Mountains, home to Banff National Park.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.