NOVA Chemicals helps shape a world where products vital to our health and happiness are even better tomorrow than they are today. We are seeking talented and passionate people who enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative environment to join our dynamic team. Through our commitment to Responsible Care®, we take pride in our focus on safety and sustainability.
We are seeking a Warehouse Manager who will provide leadership and day-to-day direction and oversight to the Manufacturing East Purchasing & Supply Stores teams located at our Corunna, Moore and St. Clair River Sites and will include growth projects. This position will reside primarily at our Corunna site.
In this newly created role, you will:
- Provide formal leadership to the warehouse employees to ensure they are properly utilized for workload balancing and ensure support for planned and unplanned outages.
- Mentor and coach team members in the development of personal and team plans that align with business direction.
- Align the goals and objectives of Stores with the strategic direction of other groups to achieve critical business results.
- Provide leadership in implementation of Responsible Care Programs and the achievement of results
- Oversee warehouse MRP process and ensure inventory levels across Regional ME warehouses are maintained.
- Develop, track and analyze performance indicators & benchmarking data for the Stores Teams at the various ME Manufacturing sites
- Lead initiatives to reduce the total supply chain cost for Maintenance, Repair, Operating Materials, and warehousing requirements for capital growth.
- Champion opportunities for business process and systems inventory management and other Supply Chain improvements across all Manufacturing East sites; drive agreement and implementation of approved initiatives.
- Provide all sites in Manufacturing East with a fully integrated service for the day-to-day management of materials. This will include inventory management and material handling functions that meet the needs of internal customers and the business.
- Champion and implement process improvements
- Define and implement synergy and improvement opportunities associated with efficient operation of a regional group
- Provide day-to-day work direction to supply cycle technicians
The successful candidate will be a University graduate with 8+ years of related experience and continued professional development OR have 12+ years’ combination of post-secondary education and related experience with continued professional development.
- Strong communicator internally with the team and externally with clients and suppliers, both individually and in teams, to facilitate understanding of information and resolve issues
- Build and maintain relationships and networks inside and outside the Stores Team that are mutually beneficial
- Ability to understand the interdependencies and opportunities for collaboration between the Team and contacts listed above, particularly with respect to processes and policies and where potential and historical gaps or disconnects have existed
- Ability to lead a team and work in a collaborative environment
- Promote strong commitment to Responsible Care
- Ability to adapt and contribute within a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SAP Modules (MM & PM) as well as Source to Pay Technology such as: SAP-Ariba, GEP, among others
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel in particular
- Deeper knowledge of Inventory Management
- Collective Agreement and Labour Relations knowledge, skills and experience
- Ability to manage priorities and coincident tasks will be critical
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Manufacturing East Sites are located near Sarnia, Ontario. The Sarnia Sites focus on the production of ethylene and polyethylene and is recognized as a cornerstone of Ontario’s petrochemical industry.
Sarnia is situated on the south shore of Lake Huron at the headwaters of the St. Clair River, and just an hour from Detroit, Michigan, United States.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.