The Position will be in the Olefins and Feedstock Group and specifically a member of the Natural Gas Supply Team, with responsibility for daily operational management of NOVA’s natural gas supply and transportation agreements.
- Daily management of natural gas purchasing, balancing and all related spreadsheets and analysis;
- Daily management and optimization of gas transportation requirements pertaining to Joffre fuel gas;
- Back up and support to Eastern gas operations;
- Ensure all gas related activities are in compliance with the underlying commercial agreements;
- Preparation and analysis of natural gas reporting;
- Internal and external liaison with commercial partners.
- Ensure accuracy of Weighted Average Cost of Gas (WAGOC) prices and payment of natural gas invoices;
- Support the preparation of internal reporting and presentations;
- Manage and maintain database and files of current and past commercial arrangements;
- Identify trends and opportunities for reduction of costs and overall reporting/system improvements;
- Ability to provide on-call weekend support as required.
- University graduate with 5 - 7 years related experience or a combination of 10 + years post-secondary education, related industry experience and continued professional development;
- Very strong organization, analytical, interpretative and interpersonal skills with a keen attention to detail while being able to understand the business impact to the “bigger picture”;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, SAP, Share-Point and relevant business document and reporting systems;
- Proactive, highly organized, and self-managed, requiring minimal supervision;
- Proven analytical and decision making skills;
- Strong drive for continuous improvement.
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Head Office (NHO) is located in Calgary, Alberta. NHO’s primary focus is on feedstock acquisition, infrastructure development, optimizing competitive advantage, marketing and customer relations, and strategic growth prospects.
Situated in downtown Calgary, NHO is close to the Rocky Mountains, home to Banff National Park.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.