NOVA Chemicals is experiencing significant growth and we are looking for talented and passionate people to work in our collaborative and innovative organization. As a Responsible Care® company, we are committed to safety and sustainability, we are a respected community partner and we take pride in being a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. We are currently seeking a Bulk Truck Coordinator.
- Conducts third party contract negotiations and administers these commercial arrangements including rates and routes
- Develop Performance Metrics to monitor and improve operational and cost performance of NOVA’s group of carriers
- Leads or co-leads the application of external facility audits
- Provides coaching and guidance to help others apply Logisitics and Responsible Care processes and achieve regulatory compliance
- Leads Stewardship efforts with Key Suppliers
- Ensures the appropriate level of equipment and other resources are available to support business needs
- Participates in projects to assess and improve process and profitability
- Key logistics advocate for Customer Complaint management and resolution
- Work with various members in the supply chain to ensure orders are shipped in a timely, cost effective and efficient manner to improve delivery performance to our customers
- Provides backup support for other members of the Logistics Team
- Perform analysis on freight costs / alternatives and how decisions may impact our overall freight contracts
- University graduate with 8+ years of related experience and continued professional development or 12+ years combination of post-secondary education and related experience and continued professional development.
- Strong knowledge of SAP, Power Point, Business Objects and Excel
- Strong analytical skills with proven track record in problem solving. Background in Root Cause and Financial Analysis a plus.
- Ability / confidence to drive change
- Knowledge of the transportation industry would be considered an asset
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a very fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Effective change management and conflict management skills
- Strong ability to influence, mediate and persuade.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, creative, innovative, results-oriented
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Head Office (NHO) is located in Calgary, Alberta. NHO’s primary focus is on feedstock acquisition, infrastructure development, optimizing competitive advantage, marketing and customer relations, and strategic growth prospects.
Situated in downtown Calgary, NHO is close to the Rocky Mountains, home to Banff National Park.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.