NOVA Chemicals helps shape a world where products vital to our health and happiness are even better tomorrow than they are today. At NOVA, a key component of our strategic plan is to grow significantly. Our strategy leverages our ability to deliver game changing technology and create an exceptional customer experience to help meet the growing consumer demand for polyethylene in the Americas. We are looking for innovative, passionate people who are focused on success. If you are interested in being challenged, inspired and supported by a team to deliver your best work while making everyday life healthier, easier and safer, come join us on this exciting journey.
We are seeking a Market Manager – Rotational Molding who will be instrumental in supporting our growth projects. The Rotational Molding Market Manager will lead the Rotomolding market focus team and will be responsible for creating and leading strategies that maximize revenue and profitability. You will also assure NOVA’s long term market and competitive product readiness to capturing future domestic sales and will have a long-term strategy to grow the Rotomolding market with direct customers and significant distributer engagement.
- Leading commercial strategy discussions with a focus on growing sales
- Ensuring the direct customer portfolio aligns with growth and profitability objectives
- NOVA and Customer leadership engagement at key Rotomolding accounts to deepen key relationships
- Working collaboratively with NOVAs key distribution partners to ensure strategy alignment and growth targets are met
- Pricing strategy for Rotomolding market
- Prioritization of Short & Long Term sales and volume activities, not limited to, but including R11 and supply and demand, and other capacity balances
- Product road map exercises to anticipate future market evolution needs
- Optimization of the product mix sold into the segment opposite our current, medium and longer term capacity plans
- Ongoing Relative Competitive Position “benchmarking” for our offerings, on product performance, service and commercial offerings. This activity will include but not be not limited to: Product developments to ensure our offerings are the best in class offering in the NA market.
- Periodic evolution of road show materials, based on market needs
- Rotomolding trade affiliation memberships, participation and support
- Identification of contingency plans to support the roto strategy
- Regular reviews of 5-year volume and value plans, inclusive of market size/share
- KPI reviews of leadership, shared learnings; evolution of relevant dashboards
Rotomolding strategy and progress updates given to Business Leadership and to the Polyethylene Business as required
Identifying and advocate necessary resources to deliver on projects and plans
Ownership of the “playing to win” marketing documents for Rotomolding
Product promotion, trade shows tactical plans, external NOVA messages and advertising, media plans,
Participation in face to face market functional group meetings and for purposes of learning and applying best practices, tools, systems
- University graduate (business or technical degree) with 10+ years of industry related experience and continued professional development (3 years market-facing industry related experience preferred) OR 14+ years’ combination of post-secondary education, industry related experience and continued professional development.
- Relevant Technical background and experiences preferred in rigid applications
- Commercial facing experience strongly preferred with strong applications knowledge and skill
- Demonstrated Responsible Care values
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and mentoring skills with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively during daily interactions as well as in adverse conditions and at all levels
- Familiarity with flexible film markets preferred
- Business travel at 25%, entirely domestic – USA, CAN, MX
- Proven ability to manage in a matrixed environment
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals U.S. Commercial Center (USCC) is located in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, minutes from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. USCC’s primary focus is on executive leadership, corporate and support functions.
Pittsburgh is the second largest city in Pennsylvania.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.