NOVA Chemicals helps shape a world where products vital to our health and happiness are even better tomorrow than they are today. At NOVA, a key component of our strategic plan is to grow significantly. Our strategy leverages our ability to deliver game changing technology and create an exceptional customer experience to help meet the growing consumer demand for polyethylene in the Americas. We are looking for innovative, passionate people who are focused on success. If you are interested in being challenged, inspired and supported by a team to deliver your best work while making everyday life healthier, easier and safer, come join us on this exciting journey.
We are seeking a Market Manager – Bag, Liner and Wrap (BLW) who will be instrumental in supporting our polyethylene (PE) growth projects. The BLW Market Manager will lead the BLW market focus team and will be responsible for creating and leading strategies that maximize revenue and profitability. The candidate will also ensure NOVA’s long term market and competitive product readiness to capturing future domestic sales and will have a long-term strategy to grow the BLW market with direct customers and significant distributer engagement.
The Market Manager will lead the BLW Market Focus Team and will actively engage in:
- Periodic evolution of road show materials, based on market needs
- Bag trade affiliation memberships, participation and support, including sustainability trade affiliations and initiatives
- Leading commercial strategy discussions with a focus on growing sales of butene resins and leveraging more specialized Linear Low Density Polyethylene resins (LLDPE’s) when necessary to maintain relevance and competitiveness. Optimize LLDPE profitability through domestic channels
- Product promotion, trade shows tactical plans, external NOVA messages and advertising, media plans,
- Product roadmap exercises to anticipate future market evolution thus needs
- NOVA and Customer leadership engagement at key BLW accounts to deepen key relationships
- Ownership of the “playing to win” marketing documents for BLW
- Ongoing Relative “benchmarking” for our offerings, on product performance, service and commercial offerings
- Identification of contingency plans to support the BLW strategy
- Regular reviews of 5-year volume and value plans, inclusive of market size/share
- KPI reviews of leadership, shared learnings; evolution of relevant dashboards
- Pricing strategy for BLW market
- Prioritization of Short & Long Term sales and volume activities, at the asset level
Led by the BLW Market Manager, the Stretch team will engage in:
An intelligence program to benchmark current and future stretch market product offerings and applications
- Future product road mapping with key decision points and milestones identified to align with future capacity growth and “readiness”
- Market Research and competitive intelligence insights communicated broadly to stakeholders
- Stretch Trade affiliation memberships, participation and support, including sustainability trade affiliations and initiatives
- Development of a “playing to win” marketing document for Stretch Film applications which will align to our overall LLDPE strategy
- Identify, and advocate necessary resources to deliver on projects and plans to enable NOVA’s readiness
Participation in face to face market functional group meetings and for purposes of learning and applying best practices, tools, systems, etc.
Stretch and BLW strategy/progress updates given to the leadership teams and to the PE Business as required.
- University graduate with 10+ years of industry related experience and continued professional development (3 years market-facing industry related experience preferred) OR 14+ years’ combination of post-secondary education, industry related experience and continued professional development
- Relevant Technical background and experiences preferred in BLW and Stretch Film markets
- Commercial Facing experience strongly preferred with strong applications knowledge and skill
- Demonstrated Responsible Care values
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and mentoring skills with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively during daily interactions as well as in adverse conditions and at all levels
- Familiarity with flexible film markets preferred
- Business travel at 25%, entirely domestic – USA, CAN, MX
- Proven ability to manage in a matrixed environment
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals U.S. Commercial Center (USCC) is located in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, minutes from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. USCC’s primary focus is on executive leadership, corporate and support functions.
Pittsburgh is the second largest city in Pennsylvania.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.