As a member of the Manufacturing East Responsible Care team, you will be responsible for the effective application of the occupational safety and emergency preparedness and response programs across Manufacturing East. This role plays a key part in maintaining regulatory compliance and participates in all internal and external audits.
- Develops and administers comprehensive and effective occupational safety and emergency response plans, procedures, programs and measurements
- Provides clarification on Regulatory and Company procedures and policy requirements as well as ensures Regulatory reporting and Compliance monitoring
- Develop and deliver communications to educate/guide internal stakeholders on the application of Responsible Care programs
- Develop and deliver appropriate RC training programs across Manufacturing East
- Leads incident investigations, audits, inspections and gap analyses and recommends and implements actions to address findings
- Develop tactical plans to resolve routine and non-routine issues and concerns
- Work closely with all members of NOVA Chemicals leadership, employees and contractors as well as represents Responsible Care by actively participating with internal and external networks and organizations, including the Industrial Educational Cooperative
- Active participant in the Manufacturing East Emergency Response Team
- Manage fixed and variable cost expenditures, in consultation with the Responsible Care Team Leader
- The successful candidate will hold or be registered as a Certified Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or equivalent two year technical diploma in Health and Safety, or a two year technical diploma in Fire Science Technology, with a minimum of 10 years of related practical experience
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP), knowledge of Fire Safety Codes, Incident Management Systems (IMS), Reg224, CEPA and various NFPA or applicable designations would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations, and Code.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with the ability to provide instructions in safety and emergency response
- Passion for RC performance excellence
- Demonstrated ability to provide feedback on performance to others
- Demonstrated effective relationship skills and strong team player
- Able to work independently and possesses strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven computer skills with excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products and SAP would be beneficial
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience in an industrial setting
- Successful candidates must pass NOVA Chemicals’ Tier 1 physical circuit test
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Manufacturing East Sites are located near Sarnia, Ontario. The Sarnia Sites focus on the production of ethylene and polyethylene and is recognized as a cornerstone of Ontario’s petrochemical industry.
Sarnia is situated on the south shore of Lake Huron at the headwaters of the St. Clair River, and just an hour from Detroit, Michigan, United States.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.