The successful candidate will join NOVA Chemicals Performance Film Technical Service and Applications Development team to deliver innovative solutions focused on supporting NOVA Chemicals customers to deliver plastic products that make everyday life healthier, easier and safer.
This position will be responsible for leading various Application Development initiatives related to design and evaluation of multilayer film structures as well as package integrity testing. Responsibilities may include
- Contributing to or leading projects which resolve industry and customer needs through the development of new multilayer flexible structures
- Using knowledge of Food Science to improve or develop new multilayer flexible packaging to maintain food safety, maximize shelf life and reduce food waste.
- Participating in product development efforts and translating voice of the customer requirements into those efforts
- Utilize customer input to improve project targets and influence application and new product initiatives.
- Providing technical service support to customers as appropriate for their area of focus.
- Assessing patent landscape and generate patent applications
- Engage industry associations, equipment suppliers and customers.
- Develop related sales tools, present at conferences and at customer workshops and technical meetings.
- Actively apply and support Responsible Care principals and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Packaging Science, Materials Science, or Engineering with 5+ years of related practical experience.
- Food Science expertise including food protection and shelf life determination to assist in the development of new or improved packaging.
- Exposure to food processing technologies
- Knowledge of new and emerging packaging trends
- Experience with flexible packaging and polymers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of collaboration within internal technical staff and development partners.
- Innovative with proven problem-solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Highly motivated, take initiative and create opportunities.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Project management skills
Candidates must have the following:
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time throughout the U.S and Canada.
- Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals, plastic resins and end-products that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is a wholly owned subsidiary of The International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The NOVA Chemicals technology center is located in Calgary, Alberta. The state-of-the-art facilities, comprised of the Centre for Applied Research and Centre for Performance Applications, focus to support technological advancements in the polyolefins and olefins fields.
The technology center is recognized as the largest in Canada.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.