Packaging Engineer- Application Development Specialist (Engineer, food technology)
Employer: NOVA Chemicals Corporation
1000 7th Ave. SW
Based at the Centre for Performance Applications
3620 - 32nd Street N.E.Calgary
Occasional International Travel and Regular Domestic Travel required. Travel expenses paid by employer.
- Salary $60.17 to $68.62 / hour for 40 hours / week
- Vacancies: 1 Vacancy
- Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Benefits: Relocation Assistance Program, Competitive (flexible) Benefits Program available. Employees can select from: Retirement Plan, Savings Plan/Voluntary Savings Plan, Medical and Dental Benefits, Flex dollars, Flex hours, Floating Holidays, Health Care Spending Account, Group Life Insurance, Dependant Life Insurance, Accidental D&D Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability. Bonus Possible.
- Employer covers the relocation costs
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Science, Packaging Science, Materials Science, or relevant Engineering discipline
Experience: 5 years or more
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Attention to detail
Work Location Information
Excellent written communication, Initiative, Team player, Organized, Effective interpersonal skills, Client focus, Excellent oral communication
Area of Specialization:
- Food and/or beverage processing
- Food Science
- Food Protection and shelf life determination
- Food Packaging Trends
- Flexible packaging and Polymers
Area of Work Experience:
Design, Research and development
- Design and develop equipment and procedures for the processing, storage, packaging and handling of food products
- Contributing to or leading projects which resolve industry and customer needs through the development of new multilayer flexible structures.
- Using knowledge of Food Science to improve or develop new multilayer flexible packaging to maintain food safety, maximize shelf life and reduce food waste.
- Participating in product development efforts and translating voice of the customer requirements into those efforts.
- Utilize customer input to improve project targets and influence application and new product initiatives.
- Providing technical service support to customers as appropriate for their area of focus.
- Assessing patent landscape and generate patent applications.
- Engage industry associations, equipment suppliers and customers.
- Develop related sales tools, present at conferences and at customer workshops and technical meetings.
- Actively apply and support Responsible Care principals and procedures.
Work Setting: Research institute, laboratory or centre
How to apply