Reporting directly to the Leader of Occupational Health & Wellness, you will be a member of the Manufacturing East Occupational Health Services Team and will apply nursing practices and principles in an ethical manner to contribute to the health of workers in all occupations through health promotion; health protection; treatment of injury/illness and management of disability. This is done through developing and interpreting policies, programs and initiatives.
- Require a broad application of knowledge in the field of Occupational Health, practicing in accordance with company Responsible Care standards and all applicable regulations including, OSHA, WSIB, and Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Code.
- Work with others in the Occupational Health organization to assess, plan, implement and evaluate employee wellness programs (for example, immunization programs, safety training, fitness programs).
- Conduct testing or screening programs (for example, audiometric testing, pulmonary function testing, ergonomic assessments, and medical surveillance).
- Conduct fitness to work and assess potential employees' fitness to perform particular jobs.
- Organize, plan, implement and evaluate site programs, procedures and initiatives for prevention, recognition and treatment of illness and injury.
- Lead site occupational health programs and Total well-being Promotions and Initiatives.
- Provides technical support to site emergency response planning including hands on medical emergency response, crisis management, critical incident stress debriefing, and planning of drills, as required.
- Establish and maintain confidential employee health records.
- Facilitate disability case management by coordinating health care and early intervention to promote the safe and timely return to work of ill or injured employees.
- Conducts regulatory and risk based medical surveillance following corporate policies and procedures and legislated directives.
- Nursing diploma and/or BScN degree with 5 to 7 years related practical experience (including medical emergency response).
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN) would be an asset
- Previous experience working in an Occupational Health setting/ environment is a must.
- Current 1st aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Audiometric, Spirometry and Venipuncture certification.
- Strong project management and communication skill.
- Proficient in computer skills; utilizes common programs (Microsoft Office, Medgate, SharePoint).
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Manufacturing East Sites are located near Sarnia, Ontario. The Sarnia Sites focus on the production of ethylene and polyethylene and is recognized as a cornerstone of Ontario’s petrochemical industry.
Sarnia is situated on the south shore of Lake Huron at the headwaters of the St. Clair River, and just an hour from Detroit, Michigan, United States.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.